Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Buckle Up!

I have to wear my belt today - hooray!  I'm down somewhere around eight pounds since I started changing my diet about two and a half weeks ago. 
I have no headaches now, and I don't crave sugar nearly as much as I used to.  I have had three or four sweets since I started, and each time I got gassy, and had intense cravings for more.
As if that wasn't enough, my trip to the dentist two days ago revealed that I have two new cavities. He told me I was too old to be having cavities at this rate.   This may be the first time a medical-type told me I was too old for something.  Embarrassing!  I need to keep up with my changes that are meant to take better care of this one and only body that God gave me.
Now that you're hearing about weight loss, your interest may be peaked by this cleanse.  www.cleanprogram.com has a lot of the resources that I'm learning by reading the book , "Clean" by Dr. Alejandro Junger.

Some yucky stuff.  (This blog is also functioning as my journal that Dr. Junger recommends keeping to know how you are feeling and what reactions you're having to everything.)  For the last 5ish days, I've had to  experiment with different combinations of herbal colon health and cleanse products including fiber, pills and oils (even castor oil!).  So far I haven't settled on the perfect balance for my body, but it is a priority.  If you don't expel the toxins, they can be reabsorbed by the colon and wreak even worse havoc than before.   I also don't think I've been drinking enough water, so I'm focusing on that now!

One thing I have also noticed is an increase in stress over these last few weeks.  Some things at work have contributed to this, but also getting home, making dinner and making lunch for the next day have been very time consuming, such that I don't feel as relaxed at home.  I'm starting to see a real sense of a break when I'm able to stretch a meal over two meals. I guess I better get used to it: food is what makes our bodies healthy or unhealthy.  I intend to continue practicing a lot of what I've been learning for the indefinite future!

1 comment:

  1. Right on, Dexter! Thanks for inviting me to keep up with your journey! I'm reading this as I'm drinking the last of this morning's "mixed drink", that is, a bit of flavored juice with 2Tbsp of flax seed and a big scoop of Barlean's Greens (green powders consisting of various grasses and veggies). It's all meant to cleanse and alkalize the body (as our diet and environment tend to be rather acidic in nature). This is fascinating stuff, isn't it? I think you're on the right track! Keep it up, keep journaling, and enjoy the value of the JOURNEY (as the destination is still miles and miles ahead).

    Good Luck! Frank

    ReplyDelete