Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 14, 2011

This morning I feel pretty good.  My system hasn't been moving to expel toxins as much as it's supposed to according to the book, so I took some olive oil last night and another colon cleanse pill this morning.  I've also been taking a pro-biotic daily and fiber each morning.  Yesterday I woke up so woozy that I was worried that my intestines are reabsorbing toxins that weren't expelled. Could have been any number of reasons, but that was my gut.   I'm hoping to hit the stores today for a natural laxative or castor oil (surprisingly hard to find - not in Jewel or Trader Joes or local international markets).

Today I had a smoothie for breakfast made of coconut milk, berries, avocado, stevia to sweeten it and cinnamon.  It was pretty yummy.  I've also had a kale smoothie with mango and avocado the last few mornings.  According to the scale today, I seem to be down three pounds, but that could be due to many things including time of day I measured.

I have a rash bubbling at the base of the fingers on my right hand.  Yesterday my hands were dry, and I used some lotion a few times. I also gripped a gummy bat handle in softball yesterday afternoon.  I had butternut squash "soup" (cold soup with the butternut, yellow squash, celery and some red lentils I'm trying to use up) and I'm wondering if any of these substances have caused an allergic reaction.  I'm keeping my eye on it and relieving the pain with vaseline.  I've had this kind of cracking, stinging and swelling periodically in the past, never more than once or twice a year.

My husband, who is at least doing the diet with me if not all of the cleanse practices, has begun to mention that he feels more awake and energetic.  He didn't do a careful elimination diet before starting the cleanse like I did, so he's having a harder time adjusting in these first 4 days.  Also, he misses crackers a lot and beef!

The next step for me is to look for time in my super-busy lifestyle to squeeze in some more serious physical activity.  I'd like to break a sweat daily, but it's been years since I was on that kind of exercise program.  Waking up earlier may be an option soon since I'm feeling less tired each consecutive morning.

Today I'm having thoughts of this awakening starting a whole new future for me.  If I've documented this journey, how and when can I share it with more unhealthy people in my community?  What's the best way without butting in too much?  How can I do that without being insulting?  Should I sign up for some classes to learn more about nutrition?  Maybe I can even teach it some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment